Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Universe is Crazy, Sweetie...

I have no idea where to hide anymore. Maybe I was hiding from our past, but always dreaming of our perfect moments in between the chaos. You can't seem to understand my hesitation and I can't seem to understand the verdicts you always come to, and I'm the one ignoring you, right? A new state, a new home, a new job, and a whole new crowd. You'll find yourself at a bar, even though thats not really your scene, the lights will be dim and the music will be just right. She will notice your blue eyes because they are so beautiful, and your drinks will make her perfect. Her hair is long and her body moves just the same. Tell her bits of your story and leave me out, but I will be there. I will be standing behind her, watching you as you are watching her. This is how we break each other, time and time again. Go ahead and not let me know where you are, as I'm ready to leave behind the life i've made to be in the life I dream of. I'll be forced to stay here, stay here...but This time I can't stay. It's killing me slowly, trying to live a life that I know i'm not destined to be in. Tonight I'll slip into a coma of p.m. over the counter meds, because they take me away from the thoughts of not being with you, and you may not believe me when I say this, but you are all I think of. The song comes on, "Will you still love me when i'm no longer young and beautiful." You know what this does to me, you know the words and you know the meaning behind all of it. Why, when i'm ready, you're seeing new faces, and when you're ready, the timing isn't any friend of mine? Maybe this is the world keeping us a part. Are we meant to be a part? You used to say to me..."The universe is crazy, sweetie." You were right, you were right all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment